|Probably not the most flattering screenshot I could’ve taken…|
So I said I would make a post about this show, and I will. I love Kuwazugirai, not just when Arashi members appear but other guests as well. It’s all about food (usually good food) and Tunnels is amusing but since an Arashi member is appearing it makes this all the better.
I know I said I might translate a few parts but I underestimated how busy I would be so I’ll just give a summary of what happened and highlights.
- The AD actually screws up the count before the show (the 3, 2, 1 action-thing) which is kind of hilarious because Taka-san comes out and is just like “what the hell man!”.
- They talk about VSA and Bound Hockey and Tunnels complains that when it’s their turn the staff just throws the puck at them like some “small company nobodies” but for the Arashi members they give it to them all nicely like “here you go”
- They poke fun at Tabe-chan (Tabe Mikako, I’m sure most Arashi fans recognize her as the girl from Yamada Tarou and now co-starring with Aiba in Last Hope) and how she never looks at Taka-san and apparently didn’t even recognize him in the elevator earlier before the show.
- They poke fun at Last Hope and are like “It’s not a love story?!” and Aiba and Tabe-chan are just like “No! That’s totally wrong!”. Also Aiba and Tabe-chan have only eaten together once, and that time they ate Portugese food.
Round 1 - (Aiba: Stir-fry Udon – Tabe-chan: Eggplant)
- They talk about how Aiba is 30 now and he realized he shouldn’t be picky with his food anymore and should try to eat stuff even if he doesn’t like it. Also lately he’s stopped going out to eat late at night etc. and just makes fried sweet potatoes instead to go along with his beer (Kirin Green Label!!). Or he’ll drink shochu if he doesn’t have work the next morning. The same pretty much goes for all the members – they don’t really stay out late that much anymore except maybe MatsuJun.
- Aiba can cook! Fried gyoza! Which his parents make and give to him, frozen! (So that means he can’t cook xD)
- Of course they tease him and say that even if he wins he has to do a penalty game (dance A.Ra.Shi)
- They ask if everyone calls Tabe-chan, Tabe-chan (yes), ask her where she’s from (Tokyo), and what she drinks (wine and champage). She becomes really excited when she gets drunk and during that one time her and Aiba went eating with the staff she got mad at him when he tried to leave and was like “come on, you can definitely have more!” and dragged him to another bar.
Round 2 – (Aiba: Takenoko Miso – Tabe-chan: Boiled Squash)
- Apparently you can find Takenoko in Chiba and Aiba used to go hunting for them (apparently he’s really good at it!) with his grandparents, and then they’d use it to make the miso soup. They make a joke about how there should be a new game for VSA – “Search for mushrooms!”. Also Nino will always yell out “Chiba!” in concerts, which Aiba is fine with but he says people in Chiba will be pissed. Tabe-chan also finds it amusing that Aiba will go mushroom hunting, even now.
- They start to tease the soup because apparently it’s pretty tasteless, it just tastes like Takenoko and miso (they don’t match) but Aiba insists that the one his grandma used to make at home was absolutely delicious.
- Tabe-chan talks about how she thought she’s start cooking at 18 (her mom is a great cook apparently) but she finds it annoying so she doesn’t
Round 3 – (Aiba: Kiwi – Tabe-chan: Nattou)
- Aiba likes sour/acidic things and also talks about how his grandma used to grow kiwi’s and Aiba would help. This goes into how he was raised by his grandparents because his parents had to run their restaurant. Then Aiba talks about joining Johnny’s and how he learned he was going to debut into Arashi. This then turns into how Aiba realizes that if he didn’t have a passport he might never have become a member and he often wonders how many other people Johnny asked before him (did they all not have passports?) – but he’s honestly too afraid to ask.
- Tabe-chan likes weird guys, or guys whom she can’t tell what they’re thinking. Guys that will just listen in on conversation and laugh quietly with himself even if he isn’t speaking. Then Taka-chan starts talking about one of the staff who really likes this certain dish but she totally ignores him to focus on her natto!
Round 4 – (Aiba: Mac&Cheese Gratin – Tabe-chan: Gorgonzola Pasta)
- Aiba wants to learn how to make the mac and cheese gratin. He likes girls that can cook and enjoy food, and someone who will support him quietly at the back. In terms of entertainment people, his ideal girl is Vivian Hsu
- Even though Tabe-chan is eating pasta she wants to go to Spain! (She loves Paella). Aiba guesses maybe she doesn’t like the smell of gorgonzola but Tabe-chan insists she loves it. If she has time of work she will go on vacation to Taiwan, or China. Taka-san starts making jokes and saying things backwards like “Do you go to get segassam (massages)” which confuses Tabe-chan
Making the Decision:
1 – Takenoko Miso and Nattou (both wrong): Tabe-chan thinks Aiba won’t like the soup because he already ate it too much as a kid, Aiba thinks it’s because Natto is stinky
2 – Kiwi and Gorgonzola (both wrong): Tabe-chan thinks his story about his grandma was a bit suspicious, Aiba says it’s because when she ate it she moved her nose funny so maybe she thinks it smells bad
3 – Udon and Eggplant (both right): Tabe-chan said it’s because the udon dish was the one Aiba seemed to like the most and Aiba reasons that the reason Tabe-chan covered her eggplant in Natto was because she doesn’t like the eggplant itself!
In the end they made Aiba dance to A.Ra.Shi as a batsu game even though they tied. Then Taka-san lied and said that the other members did it with all their energy when they were on the show and Aiba didn’t have enough so he has to go back and do it again (which he does). They point out that when Aiba-chan is excited his tempo is faster than the others. xD
Now just for Ohno to go on! But maybe he never will… does the guy have any food that he doesn’t like?!